How to manage attributes of Amazon products in Magento
1. Find Amazon product to view a list of attributes (Amazon Item Information-> Additional Attributes tab)
2. Copy required attribute names
3. Catalog->Attributes->Manage Attributes->Add new Attribute. Catalog input type must be set to Dropdown value in order to be visible in the layered navigation. Don't forget to add a dimension of the size attribute in the Manage Label / Options tab.
4. Catalog->Attributes->Manage Attribute Sets
5. Catalog->WP:Amazon import->Settings-> Attributes Mapping. Paste copied attribute names of the Amazon product
6. Add an expression with Amazon attribute names to calculate Size from Package Dimension values
7. Import products. Reindex data
A layered navigation with attributes (brand, color) is now available
Attribute Size is calculated using the equation placed in the Attributes mapping section
Please check it at our demo:
How to hide an empty attribute in any Magento template
If sometimes Amazon API returns shows No or N/A for attribute in product view page. So, if you want to hide attributes which are empty or no value in template.
Open to edit the attributes.phtml file. This file can be found here: /app/design/frontend/[YOUR PACKAGE]/[YOUR THEME]/template/catalog/product/view/attribute.phtml
Open the file and search for the following lines:
Replace the entire foreach loop with the following lines of code:
This is a step-by-step guide on how to manage attributes of Amazon products in Magento with Amazon Products Manager Magento Extension.
This useful plugin allows you to easily get Amazon content to your Magento store.