Important tips for creating Magento 2.0 extensions
Now you can check if your code pass Magento 2.0 package validation criteria.
Here is the current version of the PHP script that takes the Composer package ZIP file(s) on the command line.
Magento 2.0 extention technical review
The first part of technical review is an automated process
- Valid package type and structure
- Code does not contain plagiarism from another Magento extension
- Code is free of errors and malware
- Code follows Magento Coding Standards
Magento has the following coding standards:
- PHP coding standard (PSR-1: Basic Coding Standard) comprises what should be considered the standard coding elements that are required to ensure a high level of technical interoperability between shared PHP code. PSR-2: Coding Style Guide reduces cognitive friction when scanning code from different authors. It does so by enumerating a shared set of rules and expectations about how to format PHP code.
- All jQuery UI widgets and interactions are built on the jQuery UI Widget Factory. It allow to building complex, stateful plug-ins with a consistent API.
- DocBlock standard to unify usage of code DocBlocks for files, code structural elements, Included Script Files, Included Class Files, Classes and interfaces, Class attributes, Functions and methods, Throwing Exception tags.
- LESS coding standard
- HTML style guide based on the Google HTML/CSS Style Guide
The Marketplace administrator reviews the submission, and updates the status according to the results of the review.
Please check our key Magento extensions. There are Amazon products manager that allows import products, reviews, attributes from Amazon to Magento; Total slider manager that allow to easily manage banner promotions and free responsive drop-down Custom menu.